Thursday, November 4, 2010

Things I Miss - I

Life in Hyderabad is...well, awesome
But sometimes it gets lonesome
I miss the soft velvety touch
That of my little white canine pooch
Who barks and wags its tail
Even when in life I fail
The saddest thing that ever happened
Are the things with which I let myself be burdened
I'm proud to have my optimistic father
Who would say, "Baby, don't let them bother"
I miss his voice calling me 'Lilliput'
Cos it rhymes with my name and the size of my foot
He is only a small boy at heart
But for his children s' success, he worked hard
He is sad his sons do not have interest
In the work that he so loved and digest
I guess he sometimes wish his only daughter
Would be a boy as I can share his laughter
I remember the times we both watched the orchestra
I'm glad I share his love for art and share the same genre
I miss the days we would fight over the guitar
Both quarreling it was our time to strum the bar
I'm proud to have such a father so decent
Who talks with his highly pure English accent
Before leaving me alone here, he took my hand
And said, "Baby, do not speak like American"
I won't ever want to let him down
He's the one held me up whenever I drown
I remember the day I waved at him by the door
He turned and smiled then headed for the airport

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a wonderful family. I'm saying this for both this post and the other one about your brother Eric. As for this particular post, makes me miss my dad somehow... he's passed on. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard bout ur dad..im sorry..but lets jus take it this way, all things happen for our own good

    ReplyDelete